Furnace Repairs in Queens, NY
Ranshaw Has 60+ Years of Experience Repairing Furnaces
If you’re having trouble with your furnace, trust the pros at Ranshaw. We’ve been providing dependable furnace repairs to Queens and the surrounding area since 1960.
As a family-owned, licensed plumbing and heating company, nothing is more important to us than a job done right.
We employ only the best, highly-experienced technicians and provide ongoing training. We'll repair your furnace accurately and efficiently—the first time around, so you won't need to pay for costly repeat work. Plus, most of our technicians have been with us for close to a decade. You can be sure to see a familiar friendly face you know can help at your door when you call in.
Our furnace repair services include:
Trained furnace techs
that fix the problem right the first time
so you can count on us for timely service
60+ years of experience,
With 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
What's Included in Your Furnace Repair
Diagnosis and Upfront Pricing
Our professional heating technicians will perform a thorough investigation of your furnace to provide you with:
- A diagnosis, which will tell you what's wrong with your furnace.
- Upfront pricing, so you'll know the repair cost before any work begins.
We keep our promises here at Ranshaw. You can be sure that you'll get the exact price we quoted and not a penny more when the repair is completed.
Repairing the Furnace
Once you approve the repair quote, we'll get to work repairing your furnace. Our furnace repairs always include:
- A trained furnace technician who is polite, professional, and thorough.
- Quick, same-day repairs, which is possible with our fully-stocked trucks
- No messes since your tech will clean up before leaving your home.
Average time to complete a furnace repair: 1 hour.
In just an hour on average, we'll get your furnace back up and running, so you don't have to go a moment more in the chilly Queens temps without heat.
Guarantees and Warranties
As a family-owned and locally-operated outfit, we value treating our fellow Queens neighbors with transparency, which is why we always provide:
- A 1-year labor warranty. We stand behind our furnace repair work for up to a year after service for any new part we install.
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not 100% thrilled with our furnace repair service, we'll make it right.
Cost to Repair a Furnace
The price to repair a furnace in Queens or a surrounding area largely depends on the following main factors:
- Type of repair needed: Inevitably, all furnaces need repairs. The price of the repair depends on the complexity of the issue. For example, repairing a thermostat issue will be less expensive than repairing a broken blower motor.
- Annual Maintenance: Preventative maintenance can help your furnace perform at its best, reduce repair costs in the future, and keep your manufacturer's warranty valid. A valid manufacturer's warranty can lower your repair costs by covering the costs of any replacement parts due to a manufacturing defect.
- The contractor you hire: Higher-quality contractors will help you save money in the long run because you don't need to pay someone to fix your issue twice. Also, higher-quality contractors charge a flat fee instead of hourly pricing, which means you know exactly how much to budget for the repair.
Learn more in our help guide, "How much does a furnace repair cost in New York?"
To get an accurate furnace repair cost, contact Ranshaw for an in-home diagnosis and upfront pricing.
How scheduling works
Scheduling Your Furnace Repair Works Like This:
Pick Your Preferred Day and Time
We do our best to accommodate your preferred appointment date. In many cases, same-day appointments are available. Because we show up with fully-stocked trucks, we complete furnace repairs usually on the same visit, so you won't have to schedule multiple appointments to get your heat back on.
Get An ETA Call
On the day of your furnace repair service, your appointed technician will call you 20-30 minutes before arrival. We're always on time and won't waste your time.
DIY Furnace Fixes
Before You Call, Try These Quick Fixes:
1) Check your thermostat: Make sure it's set to HEAT and has fresh batteries. Otherwise, your furnace won't turn on no matter what you do.
2) Check your furnace's electricity: Furnace won't turn on? Check that its power switch is on. A power spike may have tripped its circuit breaker. Go to your electrical panel and check the breaker. Is it tripped? Turn it to the OFF position, then ON. If the breaker trips again, give us a call. There is a problem elsewhere that a professional needs to solve.
3) Check its fuel. If you have a gas- or oil-fired furnace, it may not have enough fuel. You'll want to check your gas valve is on or that your oil gauge has enough oil left.